Senior Care Organizations & Associations in Portland, OR
Comfort Keepers Home Care works with local organizations to provide senior care in homes and around the community
Comfort Keepers in Portland, OR provides senior care services to the seniors and older adults in Portland, Clackamas and the surrounding areas of Oregon. We understand the importance of clients wanting to remain in their own homes for as long as possible. With our services, we provide them with assistance around the home with daily tasks like grooming and hygiene, meal preparation, and mobility. Our senior care also includes light housekeeping as well as keeping them involved in the community by providing transportation around town.
Another way that we help our clients to stay involved and engaged in their community is by working with local organizations that can help them improve their overall quality of life. This includes working with organizations such as:
- Northwest Clackamas Chamber of Commerce – As a member of the Clackamas Chamber of Commerce, we have access to local organizations that can help with our clients. This can include Home & Garden, Finance & Insurance, and much more. Find out more about the Chamber of Commerce and other local businesses here.
- Oregon Chapter of Alzheimer’s Association – We assist clients who suffer from symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease as well as employ caregivers that work with Alzheimer’s patients. Collaborating with this organization allows us to provide our Comfort Keepers family with the resources they need to properly care for individuals with Alzheimer’s. Find out more, click here.
- Columbia Williamette Workforce Collaborative and WorkSource – Comfort Keepers’ owner, Krista Grinstead, is a panel member of this organization. By working with this organization Comfort Keepers is able to hire compassionate and loving caregivers to join their home care team as well as stay informed about the large, fast-growing field of long-term senior care.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics – Owner, Krista Grinstead, is also a member of the world’s largest organization of food and dietetics practitioners. As a member, Krista has access to many publications and online resources that allow her to supply her caregivers with up-to-date health and food trends to share with their clients.
- All About Seniors, Inc – Comfort Keepers works with All About Seniors to make sure seniors are getting the care services they need. All About Seniors, Inc recognizes Comfort Keepers as a leading provider of in home care and refers clients to us and other senior resource centers.
- American Veterans Care Connection – As a member of the AVCC network, we are able to provide the highest quality of home care to our senior veterans. We work with the AVCC to make sure veterans and surviving spouses know about the benefits and care services available to them.
- Easterseals Oregon – The local chapter of the Easterseals aims to provide the best services and opportunities for the elderly and people with disabilities. Visit their website for valuable resources for caregivers and seniors.
- Oasis Senior Advisors – Friendly local advisors can help seniors and their families in Portland, OR explore their assisted living and care options. Oasis Senior Advisors is a great referral source for Comfort Keepers and can offer free recommendations.
- Upside of Downsizing – This local conference helps seniors learn how to simplify their lives and redefine their changing priorities. Like Comfort Keepers, the Upside of Downsizing promotes healthy, safe, and meaningful lifestyles for seniors.
- Kaiser Permanente – Planning and funding long-term home care can be overwhelming. Learn more about insurance options for seniors from Kaiser Permanente. If you already a member of the Kaiser network, ask about receiving a referral to Comfort Keepers in Portland, OR.
- Centerpointe Advisors – This team of independent financial advisors can help you and your senior loved one plan and finance in-home care. Whether you need assistance managing a retirement plan or are interested in long term care insurance, Centrepoint Advisors can provide unbiased expert advice.
- Ryan Chapman – Financial Advisor, Edward Jones – Ryan helps his clients reach their long-term financial goals, whether that is planning for retirement or simply protecting the financial future of loved ones. If you are seeking financial advice, specifically for how to fund elder care with Comfort Keepers in Portland, OR, Ryan may be a good resource for you.
Oregon Gerontology Association - Comfort Keepers' Owner Krista Grinstead is a member of this professional network which works to enhance the lives of seniors. Members of this group share knowledge and improve their education through conferences and discussion
- Retirement Connection - This website does the work collecting news, events, and resources for seniors throughout the web in one convenient place. Narrow down your search results by city and state to find the events and information you care about most. This organization helps seniors know what events are happening in Portland, OR, to encourage socialization and activity!
- Portland Business Journal - Comfort Keepers' Owner Krista Grinstead is a member of the PDX Biz Women Coalition, a group that supports women business owners.
If you have any questions about the senior care services that we provide or the organizations and associations that we collaborate with, please Contact Us or give us a call at (503) 462-1455.